Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Beloved Musical Director Tava Lesku "Tava Tunes" Passes


It is with sadness that we announce the death of Hamilton musician and musical director Tava Lesku aka Tava Tunes.  He passed away of a heart attack on August 4, 2014. Tava worked with many talented musicians throug Stonewalls, Bay City Music Hall, and other venues throughout the years.  Our condolences to his family and friends.

Here are a few social media quotes:

Lily Sazz: Groove Corporation has enjoyed a long and fruitful relationship with Tava, and he will be sorely missed. I had a great conversation with him just this past Sunday, and he looked great. It's surreal to think that he's gone. We will dedicate our Sept 27 Stonewalls show to his memory. This is a big loss to Hamilton's music community. Condolences to his family.

Joey Balducci (Blind Mule): Tava was a great guy, had a drive to help build the scene and take chances, he got a lot of acts into venues and paid them out of his pocket if the night did not go well, just because he was a very fair guy, he would call me out of the blue and we would converse about the music industry and different ways to make shows better, and he was always great to have pints with, and he had an awesome smile .. Tava, you were one of a kind, and I hope you bring as much joy to the spirits in the other world as you did to the people on earth, your friend, Joey

Wayne Krawchuk: I'm having trouble believing this news. Just saw him Saturday night. I have some nice memories of talking music with Tava. Had a chance to jam with him once and he had some really good blues chops. Thank you for the great contributions you made to the Hamilton music scene Tava. You will be missed. RIP

Sarah Beatty: It's a great gift watching someone do what they love. I got to see Tava Tunes this past Sunday doing the thing that he loved. He was behind a mixing board, listening to and loving a great band led by Brant Parker and Cheryl Lescomb, getting kissed on his bald head by women that loved him, and hatching music plans. Tava was a man who truly lived. If his passing has reminded me of one thing, it's to squeeze every last ounce out of living

Will Ross: I just heard the news. It comes as a shock to me and I am very very sad to hear about it. Your kindness towards myself and the boys in Psychedellicatessin will never be forgotten by me. Thank you for helping us get our feet wet in the Hamilton music scene and believing in myself, and our band from the beginning. I owe a lot to your help, and I am extremely saddened to hear of the loss of someone I would consider a great friend. Rest in Peace, I'm sorry I won't be seeing you when I come home in a few weeks. God Speed. I'll see yah again when I see yah at the great gig in the sky buddy!

Previous (Videos: JP Riemens@Brantford Station Gallery) - - - Next (New Ash and Bloom CD)

1 comment:

  1. I was very sad to hear of Tava’s death. I ditto what has been said here, and ya, the ever present lesson is to live life, not tomorrow but now, with as much drive and fervor as he did, and with even half as much passion. If he left that message in the world, then his life, and his death, have meaning. Well, I’ve known Tava since 1973-74. I was still in Hamilton then. What a time, but I won’t expound. It was nice knowing you Tava, I’d love to sit down and have a good old chat with you right now. You’ll be missed and remembered. Margaret Stowe

    ReplyDelete