Friday, December 16, 2016

Cambridge Bluesman Brian Cober Passes

Copyright © by April Smith
We are saddened to report that the talented Toronto Bluesman and slide guitar master Brian Cober (who was originally from Preston, Cambridge) passed away in his sleep after a courageous battle with cancer.  It happened on Friday, December 16. Our condolences to his family, friends and fans.

We will post any more information here as we hear it.

Click here for the Toronto Moon story about his passing.

Response on social media was swift.

Adam Beer-Colacino
Brian Cober was one of the first guys to ever get me on stage as well as introducing to me to Terry Wilkins, who would become my musical partner in crime. Brian was truly a one of kind musician who had a unique and immediately recognizable voice on the instrument. I owe a lot of who I am and what I do musically to Brian. Thank you for for the encouragement and inspiration through the years, I am grateful to have known you. Rest easy, see you on the other side.
Truly unique sound and approach to guitar playing and a heck of a nice man.
Frank Cosentino
To All My Brothers And Sisters Who Make Music Their Life......I've Talked To Many Today...We Are all in a fog About the passing Of Our Brother Brian Cober Toronto will never be the same but I truly believe You need to keep giving your all on your gigs tonight and over the next few weeks as anyone who knew and loved Brian Knows That's How he would Want it.....Heavy Heart....RIP My Soul Brother...We Are All Richer Because of you.







Links: Brian Cober, Videos above courtesy of Howlin Blue

Previous (News Roundup: John Mays, Brenda Brown, Marc Pettigrew, Andre Bisson) - - - Next (Remembering Gordie Tapp)

No comments:

Post a Comment